DESCRIPTION: Communications, E-Mail, Lifestyle, Native, Productivity
..UPDATED: 1/14/10, VERSION: 1.3 -- RATING: 2-1/2 Stars..
• Pick a new email tone from over 25 we supply
• Set custom tones for friends, subjects and domains
• Get quick alerts of incoming messages
• Cut distractions by setting unimportant email to silent or ignore
• "Do Not Disturb" automatically stops alerts at night
• Simple set-up from GMail, MobileMe and any server which supports "forward a copy" forwarding of email-excluding Yahoo! Mail
• No need to share your email account details!
This app is very easy to set up, and has a clean sleek interface. What I love about it is that I can set my default mail tone to silent or ignore, and use tones for people with whom I really want to correspond. I also use the 'Do Not Disturb' feature to set my tones off after 11 pm. Truthfully, MailTones is much like having your own assistant sort your mail by giving you the truly important stuff that matters while relegating other bulk mail to the back burner. Let MailTones provide you with mail from those who count, instantly and with a sound you recognize.
"MailTones gives you e-mail alerts and e-mail custom sounds for different contacts, subjects and senders. Pick your phone out in a crowd with its own distinctive e-mail alert sound."
--OS and Age Rating: This app requires OS 3.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Tip/Tutorial: You must forward your e-mail to a specified @mailtones.net address which is on a safe server, in order to get your chosen e-mail tones recognized.
--Device: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
--Developer: Electric Pocket Ltd.
--Twitter Link: electricpocket
--Facebook Link: N/A
Fun Stuff - Word of The Day:
KPI - Used extensively in online advertising, KPIs are measurable factors which are indicative of an ad campaign's effectiveness. Popular KPIs to measure include: Driving traffic, branding, data collection, direct action, conversion, redemption, acquisition, units sold, return visitors, unique visitors, length of visit, and depth of visit.