CATEGORIES: Lifestyle, Lists, Native, Recipes, Reference
..UPDATED: 3/15/10, VERSION: 1.2 -- RATING: 3 Stars..
- Advanced search for all food terms. The top 150 terms are returned by the search engine.
- Add/edit/remove food terms, and access terms you added using My Terms. If you find a definition that needs revision, you can edit it.
- You can rate food terms on a 5-star system. Once rated, the term is much easier to access later since you can just tap on the "Top Rated" button.
- Mark your favorite food terms, and view them in the Favorites area. This is similar to the "Top Rated" feature, but with more direct access.
- E-mail any food term to a friend, and CC or BCC it, too.
- Rename categories and add/remove categories. Put any term in up to 2 categories, if desired.
- Shake your mobile device for a random term. This is just fun on every level. Your kids will like this one, too.
- "View All" food terms for access to every item in the database. This can take a few seconds to load since there are a LOT of terms in this app.
- Use a simple "finger swipe" gesture to move from one term to another, or use the previous/next buttons. Navigating this food terms database has never been easier!
- Insert a textual comment about the term. For example, you may want to keep some notes about where you learned about the term, or when you might use it.
- The history feature keeps a log of what you've seen, so you can always go back to re-read about that term you remembered from days ago.
- A Settings screen allows you to change the relative font sizes and the size of the history table.
Developer Quote: "This app is a dictionary/glossary of food and culinary terms covering nearly every aspect of food preparation and consumption."
--OS and Age Rating: This app requires OS 3.1.3 or later. Rated 4+.
--Tip/Tutorials: If you are upgrading to this most recent version, you must first completely remove the app from your mobile device, then re-install the app.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch (2nd Gen)
--Developer Link: Darren Gates
--Twitter Link: N/A
--Facebook Link: N/A
DICTIONARY OF FOOD AND CULINARY TERMS
Fun Stuff - Word of The Day:
photonics - The science and technology of using light particles (photons) to carry information over hair-thin fibers of glass (fiber-optics). Optical networks
are the driving force behind broadband, and over the coming years, photonics will become as much a part of the popular lexicon as electronics is today.
NOTE: *Visit Cool iPhone Apps often to check for the latest FREE CODES.