CATEGORIES: Dictionary, Education, Native, Reference
..RELEASED: 4/5/10, VERSION: 1.0 -- RATING: N/A Stars..
- Extensive hyperlinked dictionary with 150,000 entries.
- Large and growing collection of 2000+ illustrations for 4000+ terms including maps and national flags for most countries. The collection will continue to grow with future Dictionary updates (internet connectivity is required for illustrations).
- Fully integrated dictionary, thesaurus, Wikipedia browser (internet connectivity is required for accessing Wikipedia) and rhyming dictionary.
- Customizable definitions let you select what you want to see. You can display synonyms, antonyms (opposite words), hypernyms (more general words), hyponyms (more specific words) and related words (category words).
- Pronunciation guide in either IPA or Merriam-Webster style notation.
- E-mail functionality feature.
- Intelligent word search and spell check.
- Word Shake to learn new words and to expand your vocabulary and knowledge. Shake your iPad to learn about a new word or topic. When Dictionary is used primarily as a Wikipedia browser, shaking your iPad will display a random Wikipedia topic.
- Bookmarks for selected words.
- History of previously searched words.
- Optional translation of words being looked up to Spanish, Italian, French, German, Japanese and Thai. Translation uses Google translate and requires an internet connection.
Developer Quote: "Dictionary is an intuitive, consistent, hyperlinked and integrated English illustrated dictionary and thesaurus, spell checker, vocabulary builder and Wikipedia browser."
--OS and Age Rating: This app requires OS or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: Yuval Frandzel
--Twitter Link: N/A
--Facebook Link: N/A
DICTIONARY FOR IPAD
Fun Stuff - Word of The Day:
suite - A collective group of software programs that when combined provide a specific solution.
NOTE: *Visit Cool iPhone, iPad Apps often to check for the latest FREE CODES.