CATEGORIES: Entertainment, Games, Movie, Native, Puzzle, TV, Word Games
..RELEASED: 8/9/10, VERSION: 1.0.0 -- RATING: N/A Stars..
Do you consider yourself a movie buff? Think you know all the cast, locations and plots for recent movies? I have several of those types of friends who consider themselves "Movie Braniacs"! If you are carry that title, and love teasing your brain with a good crossword as well, then Movie Fan! is the movie crosswords game you've been waiting for. This game is certainly going to tickle your fancy and memory as you recollect all the great movies you have seen. Movie Fan! contains 25 movie-themed crosswords. You will earn 5 extra bonus puzzles if you can finish any one of the 25 puzzles without cheating or getting hints! (Yes, you can even tweet your friends or search the web for answers)! This app is quite exceptional in the way that you easily navigate the crosswords board, get clues, hints, use search engines and enjoy twinkling stars for answering clues correctly, all at the same time. The attention to detail is very striking. Some of the fun and entertaining features of Movie Fan! are as follows:
- Clues are displayed in yellow/light-gray above the Puzzle view.
- Clues are displayed in blue/charcoal on the Clue list.
- You can use gestures for navigation and selection.
- If you play at the Regular skill level, wrong letters are displayed in red.
- You can choose the Pencil or Pen mode, depending on your confidence level.
- Clue List lets you see all the clues in Across or Down direction.
- Get hints, send tweets, search the Internet or cheat without leaving the game.
- Your work is automatically saved so you will never need to worry.
- Configurable settings let you enjoy playing the puzzles at different skill levels and in preferred "zoom" mode.
- You can customize your gaming experience by selecting a preferred search engine, and enabling/disabling your audio/visual experience.
- A helpful User Guide is included for your reference.
When you open Movie Fan!, a screen with a movie strip, complete with lights and stars will be displayed to you. You may adjust Settings here such as Skill Level, Zoom, Default View, Audible or Visual Feedback and, most useful of all, Search Engine. The Search and Help buttons are available for you to access the internet in-app for clues if needed, and to receive help in the form of a well detailed User Guide. Now, you're ready to tap on a puzzle in the movie strip to begin the most intriguing, movie-themed crosswords you've ever tackled!
There are buttons on the top of your screen to take you back to the List of puzzles, as well as access the Across and Down clues for your game. Here's an example of a clue that I answered correctly, "It was impossible in Tom Cruise's movie". Okay, now don't beg me to tell you the answer! If you don't know it, you could tap the Clues button. At that point, 4 options will be displayed to you such as Hint, Search, Twitter or Keyboard. What an ingenious idea to tweet a friend and ask for help on that question, if you haven't already accessed the internet for assistance! Tap the keyboard icon when you're ready to start typing. On the other hand, if you look at the bottom of your display you'll notice even more helpful options such as Letter, Word, Puzzle or Help which allow you to cheat, clear, lock or unlock a letter or word, Reset or Solve Puzzle, or access the User Guide.
The features that I love about this app are many. Firstly, I really appreciate having the User Guide handy at every turn. Moreover, sometimes my brain is weary and I honestly just want to cheat! And I can do that too! Navigation throughout the puzzle itself is super easy as all you have to do is tap the numbered block which you want to solve. Never having to leave the app to tweet for help or access the internet is a big plus in my book. I suppose what makes Movie Fan! stand out are the many details that make game play smooth and satisfying. I did not experience any problems that ruined my experience. Of course, if you need to leave the game, your work is automatically saved so you haven't lost any of your precious answers. This app is another keeper on my home display and when I go on vacation in the next week or so, guess what game will be keeping me busy during my travels? Movie Fan! is the movie-themed crosswords puzzle app that tantalizes and encourages you with questions that aren't out of your range of solving, and truly satisfying to answer.
--OS and Age Rating: This app requires iOS 2.2 or later. Rated 4+.
--Tip/Tutorials: Here are just a few little tips that I've learned along the way, to help get you started:
1. Select a cell on the Crossword View and start typing with a single tap.
3. Zoom in or out on the Puzzle View with a double tap.
4. Move to the previous or next word in the Across direction by swiping left or right.
5. Move to the previous or next word in the Down direction by swiping up or down.
6. Start with easier clues by popping up the Clue List.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: Sunkissed Design; Content Seven Spring Media, Inc.
--Twitter Link: @SunkissedXwords
--Facebook Link: N/A
* NOTE: Visit Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps often to check for the latest FREE PROMO CODES (top red button-right sidebar).
Disclaimer: You have enjoyed an impartial, paid post.