- COST: 99 cents - RATING: 2-1/2 Stars
- Categories: Books, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Literary, Lists, Native
- Save the books you're reading, enjoyed reading, or want to read
- Scan each book's barcode for fast and accurate entry
- Take and save notes on your books, whether for book club discussions, to remember details so you don't borrow them twice from the library by mistake, or to make a note of whom to whom you've lent your own books
- View cover art for your books (if they are found via scanner)
- Organize your books on shelves, and also drag and drop them to re-arrange
- Share your book recommendations on your Facebook wall or by e-mail
- Get a synopsis for the books on your shelves
- Get tips on other similar books to read
Open BookLover to an attractive wood bookshelf with three shelves labeled Reading Now, To Read and Have Read. At the top of the screen you will see an "i" button, which gives you a synopsis of the book, and a "+" button, which allows you to manually enter in the title, author and ISBN of the book. You also have the option to select your color out of 5 choices for a book jacket, just in case your artwork is not found.
Hold on though, you can avoid all that old-fashioned manual typing if you just use the automatic barcode scanner denoted by a down arrow at the bottom right of your opening screen! Wow..this method is so quick and accurate, brings up the exact book you hold in your hands and places it neatly on your wood bookshelf, after you have saved it! I'm impressed with BookLover because not only is that a neat trick, but it has saved me a bunch of time in manual input. If you tap on your book, you will be taken to a screen where you may either share this book with friends via e-mail, or on Facebook, or write your own notes of your thoughts on the book using the "A" button. If you enjoyed this author, tap the light bulb icon to view other books by the same author. Remember that handy down arrow which takes you to the barcode scanner? It also serves to Sort Books By Author or Sort Books By Title on your bookshelf.
There are only a couple things I would add to this very helpful and well created app. I would add a share to Twitter field, and perhaps Date Read and Protagonist fields to jog my memory. I can now place that information in the Notes field, but would like to have it sortable. These are just minor items in an app that is going to remain on my home screen. So much so, that I am awarding it the Truly Cool Seal of Approval because the app is comprehensive, well crafted, attractive and easy to navigate. Bibliophiles, do not go without this handy app to sort out all the books you have read, are reading or plan to enjoy at a later date. BookLover is a top-notch database, iPhone Books app.
--Date/Version: Updated 9/18/10 - Version 1.02
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Tip/Tutorials: BookLover is NOT an eReader. It is an excellent database for tracking books that hold your interest.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch
--Developer Link: Electric Pocket Ltd.
--Twitter Link: @bookloverapp
--Facebook Link: BookLover for iPhone
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
* NOTE: Visit Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps often to check for the latest FREE PROMO CODES (top red button-right sidebar).
Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps is updated often. Subscribe by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Developers and Advertisers-please contact us to post your reviews, press releases, contest news, graphics and more at: firstname.lastname@example.org