- COST: 99 cents - RATING: 2-1/2 Stars
- Categories: Lifestyle, Music, Native, Ringtones
- Ringbuilder's Twitter contest to win AR DRONE starts today! Visit AR DRONE on YouTube http://bit.ly/9bhcA8.
To enter, simply tweet: "WIN AR-DRONE with #Ringbuilder (http://bit.ly/bF2UkU), iPhone app to create ringtones with iPod lib. How? Follow @Phonitive & RT"
When you initially open Ringbuilder, there are four key spots to notice on your phone. The arrow in the top left gives you the option to bump your phone with another iPhone in order to obtain the ringtone that way. If you tap the "+" sign in the top right corner, your music library will pop up from which you make your song choice. The bottom left corner is labeled My Ringtones where your tones will appear after being created, while the bottom right corner is where you go to Get My Ringtones. So just how simple is it to create your custom ringtone? Let's take a look at the easy steps to get the sounds you want:
To Create Your Ringtone:
1. Select your favorite song in your iPod library using the "+" button to get there.
2. Locate the song section you like, then tap Start and Stop on the menu bar for your snippet. You may then Preview your selection afterwards.
3. Tap Done and name your Ringtone. You will see a confirmation that it has been created successfully.
To Get Your Ringtone (use 1 of 3 methods):
1. Tap Get My Ringtone and then decide which of 2 methods you prefer.
2. Toggle the Wifi Ringtone switch to off in which case you will sync to iTunes using the instructions in the helpful YouTube video provided in app. -OR-
3. Toggle the Wifi Ringtone switch to on, then open your web browser to the address given and obtain your ringtone that way - THUMBS UP for this method! -OR-
4. Tap the arrow to access the cool Bump feature to bump your phone with another iPhone user and thus transfer the ringtone you want.
As you can see, methods #3 and #4 are the easiest and quickest ways to obtain your ringtones. With Method #3, when you enter the web URL your ringtone is automatically listed there, just like that! All you do, is click on it to open it in iTunes, and it is immediately saved in your iTunes Ringtones file! I love it because it is ridiculously simple and, as I mentioned, way too addicting. You will find yourself creating far more ringtones than you could ever use!
In this updated version of Ringbuilder, the great benefits are the addition of the Bump ringtone transfer feature, and the improved accuracy in song snip selection to get exactly the portion you want. If you like to screen your calls without having to take a look at the caller display, then you need separate ringtones to distinguish between family and friends and their order of importance! There is no easier way to do this than by using Ringbuilder-Creating custom ringtones, the iPhone ringtone app of choice!
--Date/Version: Updated 9/26/10 - Version 1.1
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Tip/Tutorials: Ringbuilder Lite is also available on the App Store for free with limitations of 5 seconds on each ringtone.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Languages: English, French
--Developer Link: Phonitive
--Twitter Link: @phonitive
--Facebook Link: Phonitive
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
RINGBUILDER-CREATING CUSTOM RINGTONES
* NOTE: Visit Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps often to check for the latest FREE PROMO CODES (top red button-right sidebar).
Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps is updated often. Subscribe by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader, and follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Developers and Advertisers-please contact us to post your reviews, press releases, contest news, graphics and more at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: You have enjoyed an impartial, paid post.