- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 3-1/2
- Categories: Entertainment, Movies, TV, Videos, Native
- Full-length Hollywood movies (Da Vinci Code, Snatch, more)
- Lots of TV show episodes (Seinfeld, Married With Children, more)
- Genres including: action, comedy, crime, horror, thriller and sci-fi
- Optimized for both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad
- Browse Movies, TV, Originals, Collections and Genres - or search by keyword
- Build and manage your queue for viewing on the app or online at Crackle.com.
- Stream HQ video via 3G or Wi-Fi
- New movies and TV episodes added regularly
- Content available only in US, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia while content varies by territory
There are many ways to enjoy the viewing selection on Crackle. Open the app and you will see a slideshow of images from the Featured shows or movies. Tap the arrow under the pic and you'll get info on that show. You may tap Movies to view only those, or Shows. Tap Browse if you want a more comprehensive view (including Movies, Television, Originals, Genres, Collections) of what's on Crackle. Tap More to Search Crackle, Manager User Account, view My Queue, and peruse your Viewing History. The interface is easy to manage with large font for easy reading. This app does turn on GPS, so to prevent this go to your device Settings, Location Services, Crackle and turn off. The only other little grievance is the ads which play before each show. Still for free viewing fun, I can live with that. Crackle is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment and offers quality movies that you can watch at your leisure.
COOL CONCLUSION: "Crackle is excellent free TV and movie entertainment from the comfort of your home on the iDevice of your choice."--Date/Version: Released 4/18/11 - Version 1.2.5
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.0 or later. Rated 17.
--Special Note: Movies and TV series updated monthly. Titles subject to change. Current content list is available on the app or at www.crackle.com
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: Crackle, Inc.
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download: