*PROMOS are available for 3 weeks. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for one.*
- COST: $9.99 - APP STORE STARS: N/A
- Categories: Animals, Education, Gardens, Lifestyle, Native, Reference
IDENTIFICATION OF ANIMAL TRACKS:
- A searchable database of 7 illustrated categories based on track size and shape. Includes only animals found in the park.
- View illustrated as well as multiple digital images on each animals tracks front and hind, gait pattern, and sign they leave behind.
- Listen to each animal’s vocalization.
- View a full color image of each animal in the wild.
- Identify animal scat by using illustrated examples of 5 categories on scat size and shape.
- View multiple images of each animals scat in the wild for comparison.
- Life List, Tracking Tips, Plaster Casting.
IDENTIFICATION OF TREES:
- A 14 question illustrated search, answer one or more questions and hit submit to see which trees match the characteristics you selected.
- See full color digital images of each trees leaf/needle, fruit or cone, profile and bark.
- Find a complete description of identifying characteristics for each tree.
- Create your own personal Life List to record the trees you’ve identified.
- View all Species, Scientific Names and Their Meanings, Tree Facts.
IDENTIFICATION OF WILDFLOWERS:
- A 15 question illustrated search. Answer one or more questions and submit your choices to see which flower you found.
- Illustrated drawings of each and every flower in the app, vital for comparing leaf position, leaf shape and the overall appearance of the flower for identification.
- A beautiful full color image of each flower.
- Create your personal Life List to record your discoveries.
- Learn about Flower Morphology, and what pollination is all about.
- Use a built in ruler for measurements.
Open the app and choose from one of four buttons: Tracks, Trees, Flowers and MyNature journal. If you tap Trees, for example, you will then get a further breakdown into: Trees With Leaves, Trees With Needles, View All Species, Life List and Other Info. If you tap Trees With Leaves, you will then be given a choice of: Search by 15 questions, or Display All. When you view all the species, you tap on the name of the item and are given an excellent description, as well as scientific name. Additionally, you can then utilize the scroll bar at the top of your screen to view Illustrations, Leaf, Fruit, Bark, Profile, Range and use a Ruler to measure the items you choose. Truly the amount of information is incredibly detailed, specific and so helpful!
Many of the other items listed above will break down in a similar way. Additionally, I found the Other Info tab to be very useful with Directions, fun Tree Facts, Scientific Names for your findings, Tree Morphology which explains the growth pattern of trees and a great Glossary. My first thought was that Yosemite Tracks, Trees & Wildflowers would be an ideal app for teachers to utilize in the classroom or on a nature walk. The hands-on information found here is infinitely easier to use than carrying a heavy text or guide book, and is well organized in structure. All ages will enjoy this lovely nature app.
COOL CONCLUSION: "Yosemite Tracks, Trees & Wildflowers allows you to learn about and enjoy the magical knowledge of forestry with dynamic details and graphics".--Date/Version: Updated 4/28/11 - Version 1.2
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 3.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Special Note: Did you know that MyNature Inc. donates $1.00 to a general fund for each National Park app purchased? Proceeds are distributed to organizations which raise funds for educational programs and research, as well as repairs to infrastructure and trail maintenance within our National Parks.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: MyNature Inc.
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
YOSEMITE TRACKS, TREES & WILDFLOWERS
Disclaimer: You have enjoyed an impartial, paid post.