- COST: $1.99 - APP STORE STARS: 4-1/2
- Categories: Business, iPad, Lifestyle, Native, Productivity, Utilities, Tools
So I tried out Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad. Wow...I was blown away with the functionality that comes with this app (which by the way is also available for iPhone/iPod Touch.) This app is similar to LogMeIn which lets you access your desktop from another computer. However, you must be on the same network with this app. Now Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad gives you bountiful access to your PC or Mac so you can use Microsoft Office, play games, enjoy your Flash items and so much more. By the way, it worked flawlessly for me. Additionally, you get full video and audio support to make this a seamless experience. Let's take a look at some of the cool stuff you can accomplish with this cool "access your computer app":
- Watch Hulu, AOL Video, Yahoo Video, and other Flash videos, personal videos, or listen to your music library in any format (WMV, Real, WMA, MP3, etc.)
- Play Facebook Flash games like FarmVille, CityVille, FrontierVille, and Mafia War, as well as PC / MAC 3D games.
- Use your PC / MAC with 100% compatibility of Microsoft Office Suite to view and edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, and other documents or email attachments.
- Access to your FULL PC / MAC browser -- Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, with Flash, Java, and your favorite plug-ins support.
- Access your Outlook and Quicken.
- Interact with computer applications using touch controls and iPad gestures
- Fast and easy setup such as:
* One-click access to your computer with minimal setup
* Application finds your local computers automatically
* Supports all versions of Windows 7, Vista, XP (& Home Prem)
* Supports Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
* Dual-core CPU strongly recommended for best performance
After downloading Splashtop, you must register at www.splashtop.com on your PC or Mac to install the Splashtop Remote Streamer. That takes 3 minutes, then you're set to view all your stuff on your device. Now on your iPad, open the app and you will see your PC/Mac appear. Tap on the icon and your desktop appears - go ahead and choose what you want to do. In fact, right now I am typing on my iPad to write this article as I pulled it up on my display. I thought, "Why not finish it remotely on iPad to prove my point!" There is a keyboard icon at the bottom of the screen and that's what I tapped to get the keyboard up and functional.
WiFi network in your home is required with this app because Splashtop does not currently run through the internet. Therefore, if you are downstairs at home and need to check a file or show family photos and videos from your PC, no need to bring them upstairs. I can not think of a better way to stay in touch with all your documents, games and favorite stuff on your computer. What struck me most was the ease, convenience and smooth function of the app. I came upon no glitches or internet connection lag. Try it for free if you like with a 5-minute connection limitation. I promise you'll be hooked and want to get the full version. Feeling lazy, and don't want to move from your chair? Don't worry, you can always access the files and stuff you need, instantly with Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad.
COOL CONCLUSION: "Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad is an extraordinarily useful and excellent tool for having your files at your fingertips at all times."--Date/Version: Updated 5/13/11 - Version 188.8.131.52
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 3.2 or later. Rated 4+.
--Special Note: Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad is available for Free with a limited 5 minute connection time. Also, the full iPhone version is on sale for 99 cents.
--Developer Link: Splashtop, Inc.
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
SPLASHTOP REMOTE DESKTOP FOR IPAD