Developer Quote: "Bander is the ultimate music player - it plays the music you own, new music by genres and charts, and music that your friends listen to and like."
- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 4
- Categories: Entertainment, Lifestyle, Music, Native, Universal, Videos
- Discover and play new music in your favorite music style.
- Listen to new songs added to Bander directly by artists and browse music-rich mobile artist profiles.
- Get rewarded for being a music fan by winning free downloads of songs liked by you and the Bander community.
- Every week, the most liked song in any Bander music channel wins the channel Top Hits contest and you will get a free high-quality song download via email if you Liked it.
- Play music your friends like across your social networks.
- Bander automatically builds a playlist of playable songs shared by your friends on Twitter and Facebook. Never miss a great song shared by your friends.
- Share great songs you find in Bander via email, on Facebook or on Twitter.
- Artists and labels - promote your music and iTunes sales directly on mobile devices.
- Bander gives you a free mobile music profile that plays music and videos, links to artist Facebook, Twitter, Website and all other digital assets.
- Create your FREE artist music profile on http://bander.fm today, and get your tracks to play on Bander channels.
- Bander is optimized for the iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3, iPhone 4 and 4th generation iPod Touch devices.
On iPad, open the app to see 4 large pin-cushion buttons. They will be labeled Featured Artist, Friends Music, New Music and Your Music. Additionally, there will be the requisite Search for Bander Artist or Song. On iPhone, the 4 buttons will include New Music, Hit or Miss?, Friends Music and Options, along with the Search bar.
Friends Music will play videos of your friends' favorite tunes. Of course, you have to enter in your Facebook, Twitter and Hunch IDs in advance to connect to friends. You might be amazed at some of the stuff your friends listen to! (A whole other side to the personalities you know perhaps?) Ok, no bashing allowed here!
Anyway, the New Music page will show you graphics labeled with all genres of music. Tap one of the graphic squares and an audio rendition with album pic will pop up so you can hear the song, share it, like it, hate it or buy it. Now for the coolest part! Tap Visuals to see all sorts of fascinating tidbits on the artist (as your music plays) such as photos, biography, Wikipedia, album covers and more. These tidbits fade in and out one after the other in an awesome display. I didn't notice a Visuals section on iPhone. Instead, tap the Info (i) icon by the Play button to get more musician info. However, changing songs on iPhone is super easy. If you don't like the current song you've tapped, just scroll to the next song/artist.
Another gem is the button titled Your Music. It takes all your songs and displays them similarly to the method described above with visuals and info tidbits. It puts a whole new slant on your own music collection making it ever so much more interesting. You really have to check out Bander. Don't miss out on this ingenious music app!
COOL CONCLUSION: "Bander is a pioneering music app that plays and displays the latest hits, your friends' and your own songs in a unique display of visuals and infographics."--Date/Version: Released 8/5/11 - Version 1.0
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: Musicsoft Arts LLC
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download: