- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 3-1/2
- Categories: Lifestyle, Native, News, Utilities, Weather, Universal
A good alternative is to track hurricanes on iPhone or iPad. Sometimes it's smarter to stay away from weather folk, and just watch the unadorned facts as they unfold on our devices! iHurricaneSoftware.com's iHurricane HD with Push is a great way to do this with up to the minute graphics, mapping and tracking along with alerts delivered by push notification, satellite images and more. Some of the important features of this helpful hurricane tracking iPhone app are as follows:
- HD version of iHurricane runs in native iPhone and iPad screen resolutions.
- iHurricane HD is free. If you like the app, you can purchase the extra features of Push and extended content. In App purchase lets you really get to know the app before you buy.
- This Hurricane app tracks multiple hurricanes on an interactive map!
- PUSH notification is available(Push requires In App Purchase).
- Only Hurricane app with email Alerts (Free).
- Get distance between your location and each coordinate of the storm.
- Fully interactive map, images, and many helpful features.
- Latest coordinate active storm data and latest satellite information is noted.
- Distance from your location to storm's location is plotted in miles.
- National Radar utilized
- Historical data on this season's past storms is provided.
When a hurricane is in the vicinity, you want to know well in advance. You need reliable sources to prepare you, and keep you abreast of any changes in the storm's direction or "cone of uncertainty". iHurricane HD is a tracking system that provides reliable hurricane coordinate data and high resolution maps. Using GeoLocation you will be able to tell how far an active storm is from you in miles and see satellite images of active storms. Get information such as wind-speed, millibars and other detailed data. You don't want to miss out on this very helpful app that will both put you at ease in your knowledge of what's ahead for severe weather systems, as well as give you plenty of time to prepare for the worst.
COOL CONCLUSION: "HurricaneSoftware.com's iHurricane HD with Push is an excellent way to accurately track severe storms without media sensationalism to blur the overall big picture."--Date/Version: Updated 3/15/11 - Version 2.3
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.2 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: GenCode Systems, Inc.
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
HURRICANESOFTWARE.COM'S IHURRICANE HD WITH PUSH