- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 4
- Categories: iPad, HealthCare & Fitness, Lifestyle, Medical, Native, Reference
Parents with kids and older people too come across medical issues every day. WebMD for iPad can be a lifesaver with its wealth of information on symptoms, drugs, treatment information and first aid facts. All of this stays on your device without needing internet connection once loaded. You may even customize your app by saving drugs, conditions and articles via secure access and easy sign-in. Some of the very helpful features of WebMD for iPad are as follows:
- WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, and learn about potential conditions or issues.
- First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
- Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about Conditions relevant to you and learn more about causes, treatments, and related symptoms.
- Drugs & Treatments – Search our extensive database for information on Drugs, Supplements, and Vitamins. Access content such as Uses, Side Effects, Warnings, and more.
- Pill Identification Tool – Identify your prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by pill shape, color, & imprint.
- Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, & pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
I do have WebMD on iPhone also, but the iPad size and visibility is much greater. Parents, how many times have you debated going to the Emergency Room with your child? Use this app every time you are in doubt even though it, of course, does not provide "medical advice, diagnosis or treatment". The wealth of information on so many items will be useful and convenient because of its portability. The whole is laid out in an attractive, neat and uncluttered manner.
COOL CONCLUSION: "WebMD for iPad is a wonderful way to research sickness, medicine, treatments and nearby facilities when there is an immiment medical issue."--Date/Version: Updated 6/28/11 - Version 1.3
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 3.2 or later. Rated 4+.
--Note: WebMD for iPhone available on App Store for Free.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
--Developer Link: WebMD, LLC.
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
WEBMD FOR IPAD