- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 5
- Categories: Entertainment, Lifestyle, Native, Photography, Utilities, Videos
In this instance, you can trust your photographic memories to Video to Panorama. This app does a fine job of both taking a video of your chosen scenery and then turning it into a panoramic image with only about 4 taps! Before you start snapping away, take a look at the settings icon which allows you to toggle items such as launch the camera on start-up, save captured video to album, and choose between high, medium or low video quality. Here's how the app basically works:
1) Open Video to Panorama and select to either play a video from your selection in your photo album or have it made into a photo (bear in mind that if your pre-recorded video is too long, it will not make a suitable photo as there will be too many frames). You can tap the save icon to save your new photo to your photo album at this point.
2) If you are starting out making a brand new video as I did, simply: tap the camera icon, tap the red record button to start filming, tap it again to end the video, and then tap Use if you are satisfied with the photo the video has produced. The video has already been saved. Hold the phone in landscape or portrait mode and move up and down as needed.
3) Select to either mail your image, save it to photo album or trash it. Your video will be saved in your photo album automatically.
There are 3 major items that I liked about this useful video to photo conversion app:
(1) The quick camera start up. No lag there.
(2) Particularly, I find it useful being able to capture a wide vista (whether of scenery, friends, pets) without cutting out anything or anyone. This is rather difficult with a regular point and shoot camera (though I remember the days when I used to own a Kodak panoramic camera that took awesome panoramic pictures).
(3) Multitasking because you are are able to save your memories as both a video and photo! I can't tell you how many times I have physically and mentally struggled between taking a photo, then quickly firing up the camcorder to record so I could have my memories in both live and static form.
Now you can see how simple it is to take video and photos simultaneously. However, I would like to see the finished photograph be a bit more sharp and well defined in future updates. Using good lighting is a big help though. I definitely recommend this app as a great tool to have on vacation when you are so mesmerized by scenery and in capturing your family's happy times, that you don't have to make a decision on whether or not to take a video or photo. Video to Panorama will do it all at the same time for you!
COOL CONCLUSION: "Video to Panorama will enhance your videography and photography with its convenient 2-in-1 functionality!"--Date/Version: Released 9/13/11 - Version 1.0
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Special Note: Free for only a limited time.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: FunTech LLC
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
VIDEO TO PANORAMA