- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 5
- Categories: Astronomy, Education, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Native, Science
Simply hold up your iPhone, and point it at the sky to see what stars, constellations and objects you can view in realtime. This is made possible with utilization of the gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer of your device. StarTracker has an amazingly quick locator speed and high accuracy to keep you focused and in awe of the heavens. Some of the features of this astronomy iPhone app are as follows:
- Augmented Reality: With iPhone 4S, the build-in gyroscope will be fully utilized and combined with the accelerometer/compass in order to offer you a full position sensitive experience.
- Over 8000 stars with magnitude less than 6.5, which can be observed by naked human eyes in the evening.
- Over 100 deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
- Gorgeous Moon phase display, Sun and all planets in Solar System.
- 88 Constellations with sketch line highlight.
- The 3D compass in a fantastic crystal ball will always point to the True North, no matter how you rotate or position the phone.
- User can search and lock the objects in Solar system, 12 Zodiac Constellation, 88 Constellation, Deep Sky Object and Famous Stars. You will see the current position of the identified object simultaneously on the 3D compass ball.
- Location will be retrieved by GPS and user can also set any other location on the world.
- Time and date can be adjusted smoothly, for user to see the motion of the stars at anytime.
- Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
- Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of iPhone 4S and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
- On the Bottom Right there is the main menu expand icon which can hide/show the main menu. User can adjust the display of name, constellation, deep sky object, night mode, star amount and grid mode by the different tabs on the menu.
- On the Top Right there is the search menu, which has 5 tabs (Solar system, 12 Zodiac Constellation, 88 Constellation, Deep Sky Object and Famous Stars) that allows user to search the object.
- On the Top Left there is the location menu, which lets user choose current location from a world map.
- On the Top bar is the time/date adjust menu, which lets user adjust any time/date and see the motion of the stars at any time.
COOL CONCLUSION: "StarTracker brings the constellations in the skies to life with clarity, beauty and accuracy."--Date/Version: Released 12/2/11 - Version 1.2
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 5.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: iPhone 4S
--Developer: PYOPYO Studio
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
STARTRACKER FOR IPHONE 4S
~ Note: If you enjoy poetry, surf over to Coffee Table Poetry to relax and read well-known poems from classic poets.