- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 5
- Categories: Communications, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Locator, Native, Social Networking
- Chat with other users from around the corner or around the world.
- Exchange video, audio and pictures!
- Join live conversation streams and talk about music, movies, sports, politics and more with the entire community.
- Post comments to other user's status posts! Exchange ideas and banter back and forth with the entire BuzzE community about your thought of the day.
- Send virtual gifts to other BuzzE users. Discover and unlock more hidden gifts as you use BuzzE!
- Play BuzzE games to break the ice! “How Hot Are We” lets you compare your interests and views on different topics. - Compete for social status by earning stars from other users.
- Travel virtually to almost anywhere in the world and talk with people there. Destinations can be anything from London England to Wrigley Field to Mall of America.
So let's get into how this local Social Networking iPhone app actually works! Once you sign into BuzzE, your opening screen will have tabs at the top - Nearby, Friends and Blocked. The bottom of your display is labeled People, Events, Hot Spots, Alerts and More. Take this time to personalize your Profile. Of course, BuzzE uses GPS to locate you initially so it can search out the area around you. It will list those who are the closest proximity to you who also use this app. Each person has their picture, user ID, while some even have a status listed also. Beneath the user info are several colorful icons denoting chat, virtual gift exchange, play a game, like someone, and buzz a contact (much like a Facebook poke)! The arrow next to the person also scrolls to another screen where you may send pics to your new friend.
A few of the cute gifts that can be exchanged are candy, cake, beer, coffee, and various flowers. Of course, I had to exchange coffee and cake before I could move on to the next activity! One of the neat games I played was Hot Potato where I passed on the virtual vegetable to the next contact. Some other games include I Found You (locate the hidden picture), and How Hot Are We! The Events tab lists stuff that is happening in your area including date and time. You can subscribe to Events and even Sort them by Event Type, Distance and Date depending on your preference. Perhaps, though, the Alerts button is the most important feature because it notifies you as to who has sent a Chat Message, Gift, Buzz, Like, Picture, and Game or Friend Request.
BuzzE contains thousands of listings of great activities going on throughout the U.S. These events may include book clubs, karaoke nights, bar events, coffee houses, a Harry Potter gathering, and yes, even a diaper drive! To make it super easy, the map will pinpoint the location of everything! There is no shortage of unusual and interesting stuff to learn about and do with new friends using this app. Moreover, BuzzE is constantly refreshing itself in all areas so that it can alert you to the newest BuzzEES (as I like to fondly call my group of new friends), as well as current activities.
There's no need to be shy because you can keep your information as private or public as you wish. And, besides, you may also block someone if they are bothering you. In short, it's really simple to navigate around on BuzzE, and get a feel for the people you might want to connect with based on their preferences in all the activities. Connect with a group of fun people who want to be a little part of your life too. And, by the way, don't you just love the bright yellow, buzzing bee icon?
COOL CONCLUSION: BuzzE makes it simple to chat and meet new friends, as well as find fun activities all within your home area!--Date/Version: Updated 6/28/12 - Version 2.1.8
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.0 or later. Rated 12+ for Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: Frendz LLC
Visit the iTunes App Store for more details, and to download:
BUZZE SOCIAL NETWORKING
Disclaimer: You have enjoyed an impartial, paid post.