- COST: $6.99 - APP STORE STARS: 4
- Categories: Business, iPad, Lifestyle, Native, Productivity, Utilities, Tools
So I tried out Splashtop 2 - Remote Desktop for iPad. Wow...I was blown away with the functionality that comes with this app (which by the way is also available for iPhone/iPod Touch.) This app is similar to LogMeIn which lets you access your desktop from another computer. However, you must be on the same network with this app. Now Splashtop 2 gives you bountiful access to your PC or Mac so you can use Microsoft Office, play games, enjoy your Flash items and so much more. By the way, it worked flawlessly for me. Additionally, you get full video and audio support to make this a seamless experience. Let's take a look at some of the cool stuff you can accomplish with this cool remote access to PC or Mac from iPad app:
- Access all your programs and files with 100% compatibility, including PowerPoint, Keynote, Word, Excel, Outlook, Quicken, IE, Chrome, Safari, and all other PC/Mac applications
- Watch all the videos that are playable only on your computer, including Flash (Hulu, Youtube, etc.), DVDs, and Windows Media Player
- Listen to the music library on your computer, whatever format it’s in (WMA, RealAudio, MP3, AAC, etc.)
- Play all the 3D games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Skyrim, Diablo III, etc.) and all the Flash games (FarmVille, CityVille, etc.)
- Enjoy the most vibrant experience with Apple Retina display support (when using native resolution)
After downloading Splashtop, you must register at www.splashtop.com on your PC or Mac to install the Splashtop Remote Streamer. That takes 3 minutes, then you're set to view all your stuff on your device. Now on your iPad, open the app and you will see your PC/Mac appear. Tap on the icon and your desktop appears - go ahead and choose what you want to do. In fact, right now I am typing on my iPad to write this article as I pulled it up on my display. I thought, "Why not finish it remotely on iPad to prove my point?" There is a keyboard icon at the bottom of the screen and that's what I tapped to get the keyboard up and functional.
WiFi network in your home is required with this app because Splashtop does not currently run through the internet. However, you can purchase internet packs to solve this problem:
-- Optional In-App Purchase – buy Anywhere Access Pack to access your computer from across the Internet, via our global network of secure, high-performance servers
-- Access reliably across Internet, over 3G, from behind firewalls, etc.
-- Optimized streaming performance under varying network conditions over Wi-Fi and 3G
-- Fully secured via SSL with 256-bit AES encryption
If you are downstairs at home and need to check a file or show friends the family photos and videos from your PC, no need to bring them upstairs. I can not think of a better way to stay in touch with all your documents, games and favorite stuff on your computer. What struck me most was the ease, convenience and smooth function of the app. I came upon no glitches or internet connection lag. Feeling lazy, and don't want to move from your chair? Don't worry, you can always access the files and stuff you need, instantly with Splashtop 2 - Remote Desktop.
COOL CONCLUSION: "Splashtop 2 - Remote Desktop is an extraordinarily useful and excellent remote utility for having your files at your fingertips at all times."--Date/Version: Updated 9/6/12 - Version 188.8.131.52
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Developer Link: Splashtop, Inc.
CLICK ICON TO DOWNLOAD FROM ITUNES APP STORE:
Splashtop 2 - Remote Desktop
Subscribe to Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader, and follow us on Twitter , Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest. If you share this post, please link back to us.
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: email@example.com
* See our Hot Deal of the Week for great advertising prices! To request ad promotions, use our easy Advertising Order Form, or send us an e-mail. Thank you.