- COST: $1.99 - APP STORE STARS: N/A
- Categories: Entertainment, Lifestyle, Holidays, Native, Organization, Productivity
Take heart, however, because help is at hand with First Time Christmas! This brand new Christmas organizational, list maker app for your iPhone and iOS devices is going to make you sing its praises as it takes all the Christmas planning you have in mind, simplifies and helps you accomplish it. Here are some of the very productive features of this handy and clever app:
- Get organized by entering your events, or using the ideas already included under 4 major topics:
o Action Dates
o Master List
o Helpful Hints
- Includes 7 Main Categories of Holiday Planning Events:
o Entertaining & Parties
o Food & Drink
o Gift Giving and Cards
o Volunteering & Family Traditions
o After Christmas
- Each Main Category contains time periods ranging from 2 months till just after Christmas
- Fully customizable details allow you to enter your own upcoming dates and events
- Share event items with family and friends via email, or send yourself a task to be completed
- Add events to iCalendar and receive alerts as dates approach
- Print out a variety of template prepared Master Lists to keep handy
- Make use of Helpful Tips provided in every organizational category
- Beautiful, festive background is overlaid with a neat block list of items you may check off, add to, or customize
- Extremely easy to use app, however, you can find instructions at: firsttimeapp.com under the How To tab, if necessary
First impressions are important, and so I must say I was intrigued upon opening First Time Christmas to find colorful, glossy graphics depicting the warmth and happiness of this special holiday. The Home Page provides 4 productive, interactive options of: Action Dates, Activities, Master List and Helpful Hints, each in its own neat pencil image. Once you select any of these options, you can then start entering your thoughts and plans.
Action Dates prompts you to accomplish tasks in a certain time period appropriately in advance of Christmas. Use the check box in front of each activity to show your task completion. As in all the activities, when you tap the "+" button in the top right of your display, you may Add (task) to the Calendar, Email Task (keep track of whether task is “Pending” or “Done”), or Add a New Task. Activities brings you the list of 7 items mentioned in the Features list above which helps you carefully think about and schedule all the Christmas tasks in every possible arena. Add your planned events at a pre-set time, or use your preferred date. Master List is a series of templates to note the various activities you must plan such as: Party List, Holiday Menu Planner, Grocery List, Gift List, Drink List, and more. You may either Email or Print Master List which is not customizable, but rather a helpful guide. Helpful Hints is a delightful collection of ideas which is of great benefit to those who have difficulty creating plans or entertainment activities.
So what do YOU need help with? Come on, don't be shy to say which planning items simply slip out of your reach! It seems to me that First Time Christmas covers the entire range of Christmas festivities when it comes to getting your cards (invitation or greeting) ready in time, planning a social event, decorating your home, shopping, etc.
I particularly like the Volunteering & Family Traditions planner which provides helpful ideas, one of which is serving the less fortunate - perhaps children with no parents who will never open their eyes to see a gift laden tree. Helpful Tips I applaud for it includes items such as inserting a date on which to mail international gifts (so you don't have to pay double the cost to get them there on time), as well as buying a couple extra gifts for those who unexpectedly show up at your home during the holidays. Yes, I've been there and done that on both accounts so can thoroughly appreciate all these and the many other tips provided. Don't miss out on all the organization techniques found in First Time Christmas, for they will change your holidays from stressful to absolutely pleasurable.
COOL CONCLUSION: Let First Time Christmas be in charge of your holiday tasks and events, measuring what needs to be done and checking off tasks when completed, in a beautiful and neat comprehensive package.
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.3 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad.
--Facebook: First Time Christmas
CLICK ICON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE:
First Time Christmas
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: email@example.com
* See our Hot Deal of the Week for great advertising prices! To request ad promotions, use our easy Advertising Order Form, or send us an e-mail. Thank you.