- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 4
- Categories: Education, Elementary School, Entertainment, Games, Preschool
iLearn With Poko: Emotions and Colors! deals with all these aspects of child-rearing and more for kids aged 3 to 6 years old. Children will enjoy an assortment of games with Bibi, Poko and Minus that reflect emotions by suggesting how each character might feel. They can also choose and learn all about colors by blending many shades to imitate Poko's special drawings.
TribalNova does a terrific job of presenting the iLearnWith series in a way that captivates and motivates children to learn and understand a wide variety of topics including education and child development. Activities are beautifully created with clear, high-quality images and narrated instructions that are easy for your child to understand. Parents play a part in these apps too as they track their children's progress using the detailed stats provided.
Here is a list of the educational and social skills and features you will find in this iPhone, iPad personal development, learning app:
▪ Cross curricular game based learning program in arts and emotional development
▪ Self-adjusting levels of difficulty
▪ Unique progress tracker for parents
▪ Detailed success stats for your child that can be compared with children the same age
▪ Recommended learning path personalized for your child
▪ Rewards and medals to motivate your child to learn
▪ Designed by educational and child development experts
▪ Situations with which your child can identify to find the appropriate response
▪ Lovable characters that mirror the thoughts and emotions of your child
▪ Beginner's artwork that teaches and entertains simultaneously
▪ Problem solving
▪ Listening and comprehension
▪ Visual and kinesthetic learning
▪ Critical thinking (elimination process)
Let's begin to explore this expertly crafted app by tapping the green chairs to hear Poko's thoughtful stories (the Emotions aspect of the app). If you wish to start painting this will require an in-app purchase of $2.99 to unlock the Full version. Then just tap the art table with pots of paint (the Colors portion).
Beginning with Emotions, the narrator instructs the child to watch little videos and guess the emotions of Poko, Minus and Bibi. How does each feel? For example: Poko and Bibi are petting the cat, but not Minus. How does Minus feel? Drag the emotional corresponding face (in this case - sad) icon on the TV to the empty face silhouette below. If correct, the narrator congratulates you. If the answer is wrong, the face will not be placed in the frame. Emotions cover a range from sad, happy, angry, scared, loving, worried, to thrilled, proud and more. Tap Mr. Murphy (the helpful monkey) to get instructional help in completing tasks. See your child's progress bar displayed and also view his or her level and stats. Enjoy lots of colorful, magical stars between each level.
Relaxing and gentle activities that entice little children without frustrating them is what makes this app so special. Understanding feelings is easily explained. Blending colors is learned, but best of all, no messy clean up is needed here! Children will progress smoothly through tasks, learning as they do so, and getting even better acquainted with their favorite iLearn With characters - Poko, Minus, Bibi and Mr. Murphy in iLearn With Poko: Emotions and Colors!
COOL CONCLUSION: The child development benefits are many with the expertly produced iLearn With Poko: Emotions and Colors! Your child learns how to understand and name the nature of emotions, as well as mix, name and use colors of all shades!
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.3 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: Universal: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer Link: Tribal Nova
--SPECIAL NOTE: See the other excellent, educational apps in the iLearn With series
--Facebook: i Learn With
CLICK ICON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE:
iLearn With Poko: Emotions and Colors!
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: firstname.lastname@example.org