- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 4-1/2
- Categories: Education, Elementary School, Games, High School, Math, Middle School, Puzzle, Universal
- The white pawn is an unknown like the blue pawn. The value of the white pawn is the opposite of that of the blue pawn. Hence if x = 3, star = -3.
- Since their sum is zero, when the white pawn and the blue pawn occur together on the same side of the scale they may be removed without affecting the balance.
- The notation used for the white pawn is that of an x with a crossbar through it. It has the name of “star” since it looks like a star. Later on in the program the students learn to recognize “(-x)” as another name for star.
- In Level 2 students learn to solve equations such as 4x+(-x)+1=2x+5 and 2x-(-x)=12.
- A video introduction is provided for each lesson. (See the sample YouTube video at http://youtu.be/VFYQ47EAqZw.) Each video introduction is followed by two examples and ten exercises.
- Hands-On Equations is the ideal introduction to algebra for elementary and middle school students.
See the light glimmer in the eyes of your children as the proverbial "lightbulb goes off" with their understanding. They can now feel pride and joy in completing their math assignments. Once understanding basic concepts they can move on with more clarity to undertaking other math related and algebra classes as they progress through school. Hands-On Equations 1 and 2 offer the perfect remedy to helpful and happy learning.
--Date/Version: Updated 9/8/13 - Version 3.1
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.3 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
--Developer: Henry Borenson
CLICK BUTTON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE:
~ Hot Deal: 10% off special Promotional Packages! Get yours NOW!
Subscribe to Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader.. Also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: email@example.com
* To request app reviews and press release displays, use our easy Advertising Order Form, or send us an e-mail with your request.