- COST: $1.99 (10/4-10/7/13) - APP STORE STARS: Not Yet Rated
- Categories: Education, Languages, Lifestyle, Travel, Universal, Utilities
No need to be tongue-tied and frustrated at not being able to explain your needs, obtain directions to scenic destinations, or understand transportation timetables. Since the travel dictionary segment of iSayHello Communicator Pro is available offline, you may use it at your convenience wherever you may be! If you're shopping for items in a store, be sure to explain yourself succinctly so you get what you desire. The app is comprised of two parts: the Communicator and the Travel Dictionary. Here is a breakdown of the features in each section:
- Simultaneous voice communication in two languages – online translation tool
- Translates words, phrases and simple sentences into more than 50 languages
- Voice recognition for 29 languages and dialects:
English (US), English (UK), Australian English, Spanish (US), Spanish (EU), Spanish (Catalan), Chinese, Hong Kong Cantonese, Taiwanese Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Canadian English, Hungarian, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (EU), Czech, Danish, Finnish, French, French (Canadian), Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, German, Greek, Italian, Turkish, Arabic.
– Send translations by mail, SMS or Twitter, or make status updates on Facebook
- 11 categories of conversation include: Daily Life, Arrival/Customs, Greetings, Smalltalk, Hotel/Money, Shopping, Food and Drink, Flirt, Emergencies, Numbers and, of course, Football!
2. Travel Dictionary:
- Offline and thus independently usable - 11 lessons with the most important phrases for holidays or travel.
- All texts are spoken by native speakers and can be played back directly.
- The most popular and common phrases can be saved using the Favorites function – by using the Play function, the dictionary can also be used as a language course.
- Translation offline to 13 languages - Spanish, Italian, English (UK), English (US), French, Portuguese (EU), Portuguese (Brazil), Polish, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and Bavarian.
Using iSayHello is easy as it should be because when traveling you don't want to take your eyes away from the beautiful surroundings to fuss over difficult functions. On launching the app, select Travel Dictionary or Communicator. Also find the Settings tab here to adjust a couple items, if needed. If selecting Communicator, tap the flag next to the first Communications Monster to choose your native language, then select the flag by the other Monster to select your target language. (Note that the list of languages is not in alphabetical order, so scroll through carefully to find yours).
Now tap the microphone and then a Monster to have your phrase spoken by a native speaker in the target language. Simultaneously, you will both hear the translation, and see the phrase written in a bubble overhead. (Save the translation to Favorites if you wish). Voice recognition is quite good as my phrases were accurately portrayed. If you prefer to type in your thoughts, tap the keyboard and then the Monster to view your translation. You can have your listening party utilize the second Communications Monster in the same way to swap dialog back and forth.
Return to the Home screen to select the Travel Dictionary. You'll notice 11 categories of conversation here that should see you well through your travels. For example: Under Small Talk, "How long have you been here?", "Could you repeat that please?" and much more. Under Meals, "Could I have the menu please?", "What do you recommend?" and so forth. The phrases all can be used for business or personal travel. See the written translations and tap the speech bubble to hear them spoken. Tap Play All if you want to go down each categorized list to practice languages for educational purposes perhaps! Spoken and written language translation conveniently available in your hands is pure gold to a traveler. The app is currently on sale for a couple weeks only for $3.99, so take full advantage of that price reduction! After all, wouldn't you feel more calm and confident when traveling with iSayHello Communicator Pro?
COOL CONCLUSION: Language translation facilities readily available at your fingertips with iSayHello Communicator Pro makes travel to other countries less intimidating and so much more enjoyable and educational!
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 6.0 or later. Rated 9+.
--Device: Universal: Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
--NOTE: iSayHello Communicator in the Free version is also available with limitations on the App Store
--Developer: ADMOVI GmbH
--Languages English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
CLICK ICON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE:
~ Hot Deal: 10% off special Promotional Packages! Get yours NOW!
Subscribe to Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader.. Also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* To request app reviews and press release displays, use our easy Advertising Order Form, or send us an e-mail with your request.