- COST: $2.99 - APP STORE STARS: 4-1/2
- Categories: Animals, Calculator, Games, Entertainment, Math
DragonCalc plus - reference guide and breeding calculator for DragonVale is a game for those who enjoy the unusual lure of these mysterious creatures! In this game, you will find every conceivable possibility for producing specific and unknown dragons using the special calculator that measures all possible eventualities for breeding them!
Go ahead and launch this possibilities and outcomes dragon breeding iPad game. Once it loads the dragon database, you will have a carefully divided screen with a detailed Menu to the left, and beautifully colored dragons to the right. On the Menu, are the tools to do all sorts of amazing statistical feats using the power of the dragon calculator. You will be easily able to:
1) Start New Breeding (choose parents, then duration till birth to finally receive a result)
2) Use Combo Finder (see the various ways to create the dragon you desire)
3) Make use of a Simulator (get a glimpse of the possible results of breeding a pair)
4) Figure Best Combos (discover the easiest ways to get a new dragon)
5) Recent Breedings (take a look at the last few breedings - add more or less as you would like)
Some other very helpful tasks you can perform once you have all this information is sort through it:
1) By the name of the dragon
2) Whether or not you own a particular dragon
3) If the dragon can or can not breed
4) A mixed bag of - you don't have the dragon but can breed, or you don't have and can't breed)
Finally, you can filter the dragons in many ways to get the information you want. There are many ways in which you can view your parade of dragons, by toggling the switch:
1) Dim the dragons you don't have
2) Show the dragon's elements
3) Mark the dragons you do have
4) Mark if you have a dragon egg on display
5) Mark if the dragon is in its hibernation cave
6) Mark if the dragon is under the fountain of youth effect
Find your Settings at the bottom of this fully detailed Menu, and also a button which you can use to reload the database at any time, or Logout.
I was most impressed by the carefully orchestrated spreadsheet used in many functions. Right from the beginning, where Parent 1 is shown, and you must select Parent 2 and a breeding time. This will begin the breeding process. Tap Parent 2 to find the Breeding Time. The Combo Finder calculation discussed above is another fine example of statistics at its best where you sort and filter by variations to show Reliability and Chances of producing specific dragons.
Recent Breedings is fun to see what sort of dragon you have concocted after all your tests. Yes, you will be the proud parents of many fine and unusual creatures!
The game is a continual applause to math and statistical functions. Yet you don't have to do any of the hard work! Just pick and choose where you will and with whatever fancy you have in mind to bear offspring results that could be simply surprising to downright strange! The series of results with visuals created by the calculator are absolutely clever. Imagination and ingenuity have been heavily laced all throughout the game to produce the excellent DragonCalc plus.
COOL CONCLUSION: You never realized until now, the huge role genetics has in breeding until you use the powerful calculator that formulates all possible outcomes in producing the dragon you would like and actually end up creating in DragonCalc plus!
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 6.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Developer: Max Matveev
CLICK BUTTON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE:
Subscribe to Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader.. Also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: email@example.com
* To request app reviews and press release displays, use our easy Advertising Order Form, or send us an e-mail with your request.