- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: 5
- Categories: Communications, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Messaging, Photo and Video
Glide rapidly does a great live video, sends it off instantly so your friend can bounce it back to you! Yes, it's faster than a ping pong ball back and forth - no napping here! Here's a bit about this iPhone video messaging app which I definitely recommend you try:
• Friends can watch your video as you’re recording!
• Send videos without scheduling. Watch live or later!
• One-tap video messaging
• Chat 1-on-1 or in huge groups
• Easily add friends by sharing your PIN
• Send + receive as many messages as you want
• New! Video filters, including 3 from our friends at Aquafina FlavorSplash
• Rewatch messages whenever you want
• Share your favorite moments on Facebook and Twitter
• Videos are saved to the cloud so they don’t take up space on your phone
• Clear chat history when you want
• Even faster performance now
Use the top left Menu Tab on Glide to Add Friends, Share Pin (located on this page on top), Invite Friends and Meet People. You can also find some helpful FAQ there. Tapping the Settings wheel lets you fix up your profile with Pic, Name, Phone, Email, Facebook connect and even Block Users if you need to.
What's funny about Glide is you can watch the other person recording live. Be quick and blow your nose before the video starts recording. Tidy your hair, fix your glasses or whatever! Because Glide moves quickly and the video messages get sent faster than you can blink your eyes. Tap the Menu dotted line to the right to access more functions such as Add As a friend, Add to Chat, Refresh or Clear Chat History.
Glide videos are saved in the cloud and thankfully, Glide may be used on either 3G, LTE or Wifi which covers the bases! You can watch all of your previously live recorded video messages by swiping the page left to right and vice versa to get back to your most recent vid. Now about the filters, that are included, tap the standard RGB trio circle on top left of your screen in the recording mode. You can then select from No filter, B&W, Sepia, Warm, X-Ray, Color Me Kiwi, and several others. On this recording screen you'll also find the button to set your camera forward or rear facing.
The creators of this app have been very thoughtful of its users, however. If you don't feel presentable, then you can just tap the T text button (equipped with Emoji), and send only a text instead. Yeah, I may use that a few times when it's way too late at night or far too early in the morning!
In a nutshell, Glide is great entertainment, and a fun way to keep up with friends. It's a unique and novel live video messenging service, and best of all, it's FREE!
--Date/Version: Updated 1/29/14 - Version 1.5.6
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 6.0 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
--Developer: Glide Talk Limited
CLICK BUTTON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE:
Subscribe to Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader.. Also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* To request app reviews and press release displays, use our easy Advertising Order Form, or send us an e-mail with your request.