- COST: Free - APP STORE STARS: Not Yet Rated
- Categories: Lifestyle, Literary, Reference, Tools, Utilities, Universal
pickWEB makes it so easy though to find exactly what you're looking for without having to waste loads of time on multiple search bars to get the information needed. That's because pickWEB offers pre-made categories of topics and sub-topics so you just need to click a couple times to get much needed information rapidly. You could say this app is like the yellow pages phone book, except that it's a listing or directory for the most accessed and popular websites! Once you're signed in to picWEB, just click on the category and topic that interests you the most. There is no need to open Safari or Chrome to search via your browser.
Here's a glimpse of what you can expect to find in this internet, reference directory app for iPhone and iPad:
• Favorites folder — add and delete links to the needed websites locally
• Most viewed folder — the most visited websites that are opened from the directory
• Websites link browsing is organized by the hits or in the alphabetical order
• Convenient personal account controls
• The user can browse directory for a specific country
• Fast access to the most popular sections
• Do you want your favorite links to be at your hand's stretch? Add them to pickWEB!
• Selection of links to websites is performed by the human, not the robot, the directory is updating regularly
• The links are sorted by sections that correspond to the themed domain
• The links directory is sorted by country
• The client (application) has multilingual interface
Did you realize that pickWEB is not just for your iPhone or iPad, but you can also use this convenient search tool on your PC? It takes seconds to find the information you need with a few clicks or taps depending on the device being used.
Here's how to get started using picWEB. You will have to register first. Once that's accomplished, you will simply log in each time to start your browsing adventure. You'll notice 3 buttons at the end of the screen titled: Catalog, Links and Search.
Let's talk about the Catalog section first. The Catalog presented to you consists of many topics of which I'll name just a few here: Cars, Vehicles; Business & Finances; House & Household; Health; For Children; Culture; For Men; Sport; Everything for Holidays. Once you've tapped your main category, you'll see several topics within. For example, within "For Children", you'll find Children's Portals, Games for Kids, Animated Cartoons, School, For Parents and more. Tap on any of these topics and a window will open with icons pertaining to this same topic. Continuing on the theme of children, you will find the links to zynga.com, shockwave.com, primarygames.com, nickjr.com and so forth. Tap the icon and you'll be taken directly to the web site. Let the fun begin!
If you're ready to move on, we'll take a look at the Links button (the 2nd on the end of your home screen). Here you'll find icons such as: My pickWEB, Favorites, The Most visited, YouTube, Payment, Wikipedia, Social Networks, Weather and more. The main Weather button provides 8 links to various weather stations where you can be updated and ready for the day's weather ahead! This Links page contains the sites you may want to visit most, so feel free to go ahead and add your favorite URL to this page by tapping the "+" and entering the information of that site. You will have to re-enter the app, however, each time you visit a website.
Finally, if you tap the Search button, you can select from among the following browsers: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Rambler and Yandex, and then simply enter your Search Term to gain the knowledge you need.
You can see how wonderfully easy it is for even a novice or newbie to learn how to make their way around the internet. The dedicated URL buttons are provided, and one simply has to tap to get to the information that is being searched. pickWEB's business is making life simple for you!
COOL CONCLUSION: Using pickWEB is one of the simplest ways to make your way around the web with ready made URL and Favorite buttons that get you where you want to go in a jiffy!--Date/Version: Updated 2/22/14 - Version 1.2
--iOS/Age Rating: This app requires iOS 4.3 or later. Rated 4+.
--Device: Universal: Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
--Developer: ALEKSEJ ALEKSEENKO
CLICK BUTTON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FROM APP STORE:
Subscribe to Cool iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Apps by selecting either: E-mail or RSS Reader.. Also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Contact us with any questions on how to post your app reviews, site and product news at: email@example.com
* To request app reviews and press release displays, use our easy Advertising Order Form, or send us an e-mail with your request.